iPhone 6S which is one of the most popular version of Apple iPhone. This series of iPhone looks like a minor upgrade from the predecessor version iPhone 6. It comes with the same curves build and ugly antenna which lies on the same 4.7 inch display on the back. But in reality, it is actually too much far from the truth. iPhone 6S is a big step-forwards and the most impressive ‘S’ upgraded version. If you really want to get complete difference before purchasing any one model then you are at the right place. Here complete comparison details are provided, so that you can choose the best one that completely meets your requirements.
iPhone 6s vs iPhone 6: Design
Both series of Apple iPhone are very similar to each other. A perfect combination of overly curved sides, plastic antenna bands and a camera lens to create something additional that lacked typical Apple sheen. There has not any dramatic change in the latest series with predecessor ones. There is one improvement in the iPhone 6S is the upgraded build material because it has series 7000 aluminum while iPhone 6 has 6300 series of aluminum. The latest series means iPhone 6S is more rigid that ensured that there is no any repetition of the end-gate scandal.
- iPhone 6S: 7.1mm thick, 143g, series 7000 anodised aluminium back, Space Grey/Silver/Gold/Rose Gold
- iPhone 6: 6.9mm thick, 129g, series 6300 anodised aluminium back, Space Grey/Silver/Gold
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Screen
Both Smartphone comes with decent 4.7-inch 750p IPS LCD display that has a bright, vibrant, and crisp effort. But iPhone 6S comes with additional feature 3D touch that detects how hard you press on the screen. Pressing hard on an Apple app icon can bring short icons on your screen rather than right-clicking on a desktop. 3D touch makes this series of iPhone little thicker.
- iPhone 6S: 4.7-inch, 1334 x 750 IPS LCD, 326 ppi, 504 nits brightness, 3D Touch
- iPhone 6: 4.7-inch, 1334 x 750 IPS LCD, 326 ppi, 504 nits brightness
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Performance
The next big upgrade is the processor, with the outgoing A8 chip replaced by the more powerful A9 version. In terms of performance, iPhone 6S performs much faster than predecessor version iPhone 6. CPU power receives a nice 70 percent boost, while GPU performance has increased by a whopping 90 percent.
- iPhone 6S: Apple A9 64-bit dual-core 1.84GHz, PowerVR GT7600 GPU, 2GB RAM
- iPhone 6: Apple A8 64-bit dual-core 1.4GHz, PowerVR GX6450 GPU, 1GB RAM
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Camera
iPhone 6 came with a fantastic 8-megapixel sensor and larger pixels that allow more light into your shots. The results of this Smartphone is really very impressive. While the iPhone 6S comes with an improved 12-megapixel Rear camera which of course adds more detail to your images. On the front, the selfie FaceTime camera has been upgraded from a meager 1.2-megapixel sensor to a more reasonable 5-megapixel version that makes more improved selfies. Meanwhile, the iPhone 6S has a feature called Live Photos.
- iPhone 6S: 12-megapixel, phase detection, dual LED ‘True Tone’ flash, 4K video, 5-megapixel front camera
- iPhone 6: 8-megapixel, phase detection, dual LED ‘True Tone’ flash, 1080p video, 1.2-megapixel front camera
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Battery
There is 5 percent reduction in battery capacity from 1,810mAh to 1,715mAh. The latest series has improved power efficiencies in iOS 9 and the new Low Power Mode ensure the iPhone 6S’s battery life is similar to the iPhone 6, and it’s largely right.
- iPhone 6S: 1715 mAh non-removable battery
- iPhone 6: 1810 mAh non-removable battery
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Fingerprint Scanners
Both series of Smartphone enables with Touch ID feature through which you can unlock your phone with your digit. In iPhone 6S there is quite tricky to hit the home button to see the time or date without unlocking the phone. It enhance the security levels too much.
iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: Storage
Both Smartphone has identical storage options.
- iPhone 6S: 16GB / 64GB / 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- iPhone 6: 16GB / 64GB / 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
Both Smartphone are identical to each other but slight differences makes it different. After getting all details, first of all you need to check which one is completely meets your requirements and then after buy it for your use. Both are really very impressive that featured with great features.